CATENA MEDIA PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
At Catena Media (“Catena Media“, “we“, “us“), we process personal data about our customers and visitors on our websites (“you“). We make efforts to handle your personal data with care, keep it secure and comply with data protection laws.
Catena Media is engaged in performance marketing and lead generation online, with headquarters in Malta and subsidiaries in a number of other countries.
How this Policy Works
The purpose of this Policy is to explain when, why and how we process information which may relate to you (“personal data“). It also provides important information on your statutory rights. This Policy is not intended to override the terms of any contract you have with us, nor rights you might have under data protection laws.
Click on a topic in the list below to find out more on individual topics in more detail by following the various links. We have labelled sections of the Policy to make it easy for you to navigate to the information most relevant to you.
- Who is responsible for looking after your personal data?
- What personal data do we process?
- What do we use your personal data for and when do we process your personal data?
- Who do we share your personal data with?
- International Transfers
- Direct Marketing
- How long do we keep your personal data?
- What are your rights?
Catena Media Operations Ltd having its registered address Quantum Place, Triq ix-Xatt, Ta´Xbiex, Gzira, Malta GZR 1052, is principally responsible for looking after your personal data (your Data Controller). Data Controller means the company that determines the means and purposes of processing of personal data.
You should be aware that although we are principally responsible for looking after your personal data, information may be held in databases which can be accessed by other companies. When accessing your personal data, all companies will comply with the standards set out in this Policy.
Catena Media is a group of companies with subsidiaries in several countries, for example in the European Union, Australia, Japan and the USA.
We may process the following personal data about you:
- Data of birth
- Email address
- IP address
- Location data
- Website usage
- Personal preferences and opinions
Catena Media will collect information directly from you when you use our services or visit our websites.
We use your personal data to:
- send out promotional emails relating to products and services. See also Section 6 below on Direct marketing.
- analyze information in our systems and databases to improve the way we run our business and websites according to user preferences, to provide a better service and user experience.
- Improve and target advertisements that you receive from us.
- register you for a chat forum or community, if we make available, in which you can provide comments.
- meet or exercise any of our legal obligations or rights
We will only process your personal data for the purposes set out in this Section 3 and where we are satisfied that:
- you have provided your consent to us using the data in that way, or
- our use of your personal data is necessary to support ‘legitimate interests’ that we have as a business (for example, to improve our products, or to carry out analytics across our datasets), in a way that is proportionate and respects your privacy.
We work with many third parties, to help manage our business and deliver services. These third parties may from time to time need to have access to your personal data:
- Our mailing application provider Aweber Systems, Inc., based in the USA, who is Privacy Shield certified as you may see here and processes personal data on our behalf;
- Our plugin provider and host of WordPress.com Automattic, Inc., based in the USA who is Privacy Shield certified as you may see here and processes personal data on our behalf;
- Service providers or data processors that handle your personal data on our instructions, for example cloud services.
- Our subsidiaries in the Catena Media group, located inside or outside the EU/EEA. Transfers of personal data will be subject to Catena Media intra group data transfer agreements.
- If we are under a duty to disclose to comply with a legal obligation or protect our interests or security.
- In the event we sell, buy or re-organise any business or assets, or if our assets are acquired by a third party, including prospective sellers or buyers.
International Transfers mean that personal data is transferred to a country outside the European Union.
As set out in Section 4 above, we may allow access to your personal data to third parties who may be located outside the European Union.
We may also disclose your personal data if we receive a legal or regulatory request from a foreign law enforcement body outside the European Union.
We will always take steps to ensure that any international transfer of information is managed to protect your rights and interests. Any requests for information that we receive from law enforcement or regulators will be carefully checked before personal data is disclosed.
You have the right to ask us for more information about the safeguards we have put in place as mentioned above. Contact us (see Section 8) if you wish further information.
We will use your personal data to send you direct marketing communications regarding products and services that we and our partners offer regarding for example online casino, sports betting and financial services. This may be in the form of email or targeted online advertisements.
In some cases our processing of your personal data for marketing purposes will be based on our legitimate interests (see Section 3 above). When required by law it will be based on your consent.
You always have a right to say no to further direct marketing, at any time. You can use the opt-out link that you find in all direct marketing communications, or by contacting us (see Section 8).
We take steps to limit direct marketing to a reasonable and proportionate level, and to send you communications that we believe may be of interest or relevance to you, based on the information we have about you.
We will retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes listed in Section 3 of this Policy.
In some circumstances we keep your personal data during a certain period to meet for example legal, tax or accounting requirements.
We maintain a data retention policy for personal data in our care. Where your personal data is no longer required we will ensure it is either securely deleted or made anonymous.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. More information about each of these rights can be found by referring to the table set out further below.
To exercise your rights you may contact us as by sending an email to [email protected] or in writing to Catena Media at the address set out in Section 1 above.
Please note the following if you wish to exercise your rights: