Help isn’t an optional extra in the online casino world. Whenever you visit one of the top-rated Quickspin casinos, you can be confident that there are plenty of people looking out for you. How do we know? Well, because we’re one of them. In our opinion, casino gaming shouldn’t become a chore. The developers at Quickspin HQ spend months creating new and exciting games so that you can play responsibly and have some fun.
Of course, people often don’t realise when they’re travelling down a potentially destructive path. Fortunately, we’re here to help. In the following few sections, we’ve outlined how the iGaming industry is set-up to tackle problem gambling. Although you’ll need to take steps to help yourself, the best online casinos give you every opportunity to stay on the right side of the game. So, before we lose your interest, here’s how the industry is working to stop problem gambling and keep things fun.
Onsite Responsible Gambling Aids
Prevention is always better than a cure, which is why the best Quickspin casinos all offer a variety of features designed to protect you. Although you will have to activate some of them yourself, there are provisions in place to help prevent gambling from becoming an issue:
Stay Alert, Stay Informed: The leading casino sites do a great job of letting you monitor your time online. When you scroll through a Quickspin platform, you’ll be able to review sessions logs. Stored remotely (online) or locally (on your computer), these files will outline when you played, how long for, your deposits/withdrawals and betting history. Having the ability to review your sessions allows you to identify any potential problems before they develop into something serious.
Put a Cap on It: Another great set of features you should make use of when you play are limits. In the first instance, you’ll be asked if you want to set a daily, weekly or monthly deposit limit when you first join a site. In addition to this, you can specify the highest stakes you’re willing to play for and even put a limit on the length of your sessions. By setting a timer, modern casino software can alert you when you’ve been active for a certain period so you can log off and take a break.
The Last Chance Saloon: If you feel as though there are no other options but to stop playing completely, all responsible online casinos have self-exclusion options. By choosing to exclude yourself from a site either indefinitely or forever, you won’t be able to login, deposit, make bets or even receive updates from the operator in question.
Do I Have a Gambling Problem?
As much as we or the leading Quickspin casino sites try to help, only you know if you’re playing beyond your limits. Although we’d advise you to visit a recognised help group and get their professional opinion, you can determine if you may have a problem by answering the following questions:
- Have you stolen or borrowed money to fund your betting sessions?
- Do you get angry, anxious or distant either during or after gambling?
- Are there times you’ve felt compelled to gamble in order to chase a loss?
- Have you bet more than you can afford to lose?
- Does it feel like you can’t go more than a few hours without wanting to gamble?
Although a “yes” to one or more of the scenarios doesn’t mean you have a problem, it could be a sign that you need to consider your position more carefully. For more information about responsible gambling or to get some help, make sure you visit one of the organisations listed above.
Help! Where Do I Go When I Have Problem?
Regardless of how insignificant you think a problem might be, there are dedicated groups out there that can help. These agencies are independent of regulators and operators, which means you’ll receive free and impartial advice at all times. Although each individual service will differ, you can expect to receive the following help when you visit one of the leading problem gambling support groups out there:
- Information about problem gambling.
- Tips for gambling responsibly.
- Advisors and details of support groups you can visit.
- Industry news and research to help keep you informed.
- Local links to GPs, debt advisors and mental health services.
- A dedicated helpline offering round-the-clock advice and support.
To access the following services in your region, take a look at the following organisations:
- GamCare: http://www.gamcare.org.uk/
- Gamblers Anonymous: https://www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk/
- BeGambleAware: https://www.begambleaware.org/
- Check Dein Spiel: https://www.check-dein-spiel.de/
- FAGS: http://www.gluecksspielsucht.de/adr/index.php
US (New Jersey)
- National Council on Problem Gambling: https://www.ncpgambling.org/state/new-jersey/